Posted by Ian Dipple
When the Byron Bay Bunnings opened in February 2015, Byron Bay Rotary Club was invited to join them on a Saturday morning tradition of running sausage sizzle 3-4 times during the year.
Byron Bay Rotary Club has been a firm favourite with the Bunnings staff and general public due to our preference in only selling great quality locally produced Wholly Smoked Sausages, which are often complimented on and keep them coming back for more.
With Dave our barbecue king and our friendly members serving, we sell sausages drinks and good spirit to the community to raise funds for our ongoing local and international charities and events, such as , but not limited to:
- S.H.I.F.T.-Woman’s refuge and education
- Bravehearts-Teaching Kids about inappropiate touching
- Byron Bay Highschool-Grants for underprivilieged students & DUX scholarships.
- RYLA-Youth leadership course.
- Vanuatu -New roof to the Bay Barrier school building following a cyclone.
- Solomon Islands-Public health education programs
- Akilah- Women’s education programmes.